Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Slick new do's


At our house I have this jar that I put out twice a week when the McE's come over. It is our kindness jar. It is a way to keep me in check and make sure that I catch the kids being kind to one another (instead of only catching them doing something they shouldn't). The jar was full and so I loaded all 5 kids into the van for their surprise reward for being super kind to each other. They got to get their hair done! The girls were like little old ladies in a beauty salon. They cracked me, looking at magazines and pretending to talk. They would watch each girl getting their hair done and would follow each other around. It was so funny. The girls got Princess braids with flowers. Well after looking at these beautiful girls and then at my saggy little boys head, I decided to let go of the dream of Zeke having surfers hair and get him a cool faux-hawk. He cleaned up nicely. The kids were so amazing! The whole event took over 2 hours and not one whine! I almost feel over from that mere fact alone. Then when we got in the van, all the kids at once said thank you "Mossen"- Which was actually Mom from Zeke and Mak, and Miss jen from Eli and Vivi. What am I ever going to do without those McE's?

I have such a good life!

No comments: